Wednesday, September 2, 2015

WORD 2day : 2nd September, 2015

All out for the Word

Wednesday,  22nd week in Ordinary Time
Col 1:1-8; Lk 4: 38-44

Paul,  Epaphras,  Jesus...all seem to be on the move. With a sense urgency and a feeling of detachment they seem to move on from one place to another with the task of proclamation filling their minds. The question today is about our sense of apostleship. Are we filled with this urgency and are we convinced about this task given to us?

Proclamation is not the work of a few, it belongs to each and every one who is baptised. It is not an added feather to our hats but an essential mark of a Christian. Ofcourse there is no one way of proclamation. Preaching is just one way;  example,  witness,  convictions,  values,  compassion and limitless love are all ways of sharing that Word with the world.

Let me ask myself 2 questions today: am I convinced of my call to proclaim?  And what is my specific way of proclamation?

No comments: