Tuesday, October 25, 2016

WORD 2day: 25th October, 2016

Being in Christ is all that matters

Tuesday, 30th week in ordinary time
Eph 5:21-33; Lk 13: 18-21

The other day I was speaking to a group of young couples regarding the attitudes spouses should have towards each other... when some tough statements came around,  one of them jokingly remarked. 'these things coming from Paul,  it's difficult to accept,  given the fact that he was an unmarried man!' And immediately another one added looking straight at me, 'Paul writing it  and you quoting it... both are difficult to accept'. There was a big roar of laughter.  That aside,  there can be heated debates on issues that Paul speaks of today-  who has to be subordinate to whom!  That is not my focus. Whether I am subordinate or  head,  I am called to be IN Christ - that's the focus.

Whether I am a subordinate or a head,  or an apostle or a servant, a renowned person or a so-called nobody... I am called to be  in Christ. Being in Christ,  even if I am just a mustard seed I can grow into a mighty tree.  Being in Christ, even if I am just pinch of yeast I can make a difference for entire dough.  Being in Christ is all that matters.

No comments: