Friday, March 9, 2018

RevivaLent 2018 - #25

Revive your faithfulness to God

Saturday, 3rd week in Lent: 10th, Mar 2018
Hos 6: 1-6; Lk 18: 9-14

What I want is love, not sacrifice- says the Word. Sacrifices, after all,  are for the sake of humbling ourselves in front of the Lord that we may grow closer and closer to the Lord. If the same sacrifice puffs up my ego and takes me to a higher plane, making me think of myself as being better than my brothers and sisters and from there, look down on them,  then that sacrifice not only fails to serve its purpose but takes me away from the Lord.

The Lord invites us to understand that our wish and effort to remain faithful to the Lord who has called us,  is much better than all sacrifices. Remaining faithful to that call would mean, becoming more and more like God. ... loving, compassionate and humble in our spirit... not self-glorifying, self-righteous and self-magnifying!

Look at the politicians who claim to serve the society and the people... majority of them are from a higher economic class or they reach there as soon as their career picks up. There is really no "service" rendered to people, rather they look at themselves as VIPs, as celebrities, almost as royals! Where is the so-called  purpose that was said for having entered that way of life? 

Easy to point a finger at them, but before doing that, let us take a look at our own life! When we begin to understand that we are people of God - is it for judging the other? Is it for telling the other that he or she is not saved, or is not worthy of being called People of God? 

The more humble I become the more Godly I am; the more I serve the other the more divine I shall be; the more sincere I am in my respect for the other, the more acceptable I become in the eyes of the Lord! Let us strive to be justified in the eyes of the Lord; not merely in the eyes of the world. Let us revive our desire to be faithful to God and God alone!


No comments: