Monday, October 2, 2023

Knowing God is from within!

WORD 2day: Tuesday, 26th week in Ordinary time

October 3, 2023: Zechariah 8: 20-23; Luke 9: 51-56

Though Evangelisation is one great mission that is entrusted to every person who knows God, it is not a means to force anyone to get to know God. One cannot know God by force. In fact, attempting to make people know God by force only works against the very objective. Knowing God has to happen! It should come from within. 

The concerned person needs to feel the presence of God in and through the persons around, the situation around and the experiences that happen. Hence, evangelisation essentially is not making people know God but making people see what I have known about God, how I know God, and as what I know God to be!

Once I really experience God, know God and fall in love with God, people around me see the experience that makes such a difference for me, they wish to get to know God from me and begin to love the One whom I love, on their own. This is true evangelisation, and that comes from within because, without any doubt, knowing God is from within. 

Knowing God is not an easy task, nor is it a pleasant one at that because just as Jesus fixing his gaze towards Jerusalem, it takes us through challenges and struggles! It is a mission in itself and we are indeed created for it - to know God, to love God and to experience God from within, in the core of our beings.

No comments: