Wednesday, May 15, 2013

WORD 2day

15th May, 2013


Praying as a community! Paul knelt and prayed with them (acts 20:36), Jesus lifted his eyes to heaven and prayed (Jn 17:1)... leading us by example. Once when I was a deacon, I was invited to talk to a group of teachers and the theme was "Prayer". I spoke for almost an hour and had the participants listening with an enviable attention! When I finished it and was about to leave the classroom, quite happy because everyone liked the talk, there was one of the teachers who came up to me and thanked me for the talk and said, "it would have been more meaningful, if you had really prayed with us!" I have never forgotten those words, even after 8 years. Prayer is not something we speak about, plan and execute; it is something that we are called to become... to become a 'Pray-er'. It is basically to remain in God, to remain consecrated in Truth, inspite of all the tribulations and trials against faith and truth. Both Paul and Jesus, pray for the same today! Let's pray for the same too...that at the coming of the Spirit, we as a community of brothers and sisters, be strengthened in faith, to remain in God, to bear fruit and live 'consecrated in Truth'!

No comments: