Saturday, October 26, 2013

WORD 2day

26th October, 2013

There is no condemnation for those who are in Christ, declares St. Paul. But the real question is, what does it mean to 'be in Christ'? To be in Christ, does not simply mean, I am born a Christian, or I am baptised into the Church...it means to be in the Spirit, to live according to the Spirit, to walk according to the Spirit, to set our minds on the Spirit, and above all, to bear fruit in the Spirit. Because it is by the fruits you will know the tree!(Mt 7:20) It is not upto me to judge someone good or bad; to condone or condemn someone. Every sad or sorry end of someone is a clear warning to me, to check the path that I am on; to check the fruits that I bring forth. Everyday is another opportunity that the Lord gives, to turn around and bear fruit! The readings seem to scream at us: "Bear fruits worthy of repentance. ... for the axe lies at the root of the tree!" (Lk 3:8,9)

No comments: