Monday, November 2, 2015

WORD 2day : 3rd November, 2015

Belonging to each other

Tuesday, 31st week in Ordinary Time
Rom 12: 5-12; Lk 14: 15-24

The Church is a reality in continuous evolution,  it needs to grow into the Reign of God. And in this evolution every one of its members should grow and evolve... from being children to children of God. From being individuals who are worried only about himself or herself to persons who strive for communion with others, persons who readily wish to identify oneself with the Reign that Lord invites them to.

We may have oxens to tend to, land to till or the new found family to cater to... they are not wrong! But the Reign has to come before them all. My private concerns cannot overrule the concerns of the Reign. My life, my choices,  my priorities have to be those of the Reign... this will happen only when I manage to grow up to set myself aside and give the needy other a prominent place in my list of concerns because within the Reign,  we belong to each other (Rom 12: 5).

No comments: