Thursday, May 26, 2016

WORD 2day: 26th May, 2016

Seeing and Being Seen

Thursday, 8th week in Ordinary time
1 Pet 2: 2-5,9-12; Mk 10: 28-31

One cannot live a Christian in isolation...that is the crux of the message today! Because being a Christian involves a lot of seeing and being seen. I need to see myself and understand who I really am. I need to see things around and hear the helpless cries of people readily. I need to see who I am surrounded with and why I am wherever I am. I need to see what really matters in a given situation - maintaining the decorum or causing a disorder towards greater sense of life and love?

It involves being seen a lot too! Being seen as different, as honourable, as trust worthy, as reliable, as outgoing, as sensitive, as dedicated, as capable of true compassion, as persons with a definitive but a different set of priorities, as people who make a difference for the rest of the world around them.

Let us learn to see, and be prepared and worthy of being seen, as the One who called us does! 

No comments: