Saturday, May 27, 2017

WORD 2day: 27th May, 2017

Coming and Going - should it affect?

Saturday before Ascension
Acts 18: 23-28; Jn 16:23-38

Past two days have been totally different days in the past three years, for me personally. I had handed over a ministry that was entrusted to me three years ago, to another confrere of mine. I remember, when it was handed over to me - my predecessor was going; I was coming in. Now it is my turn to go, and there is someone else who has come in. Paul went and Apollos came. Aquila and Priscilla were there to accompany both of them. Coming and going are natural truths of life, and should they affect. In some places it does and that is a sad part of affairs.

When will it affect anyone's coming or going? When it is Doer-centered, anything that is done will be affected by the coming or going of the one who does. One may be a better doer and the other a different kind of a doer - it will surely affect if this is the center of the considerations. How talented or not a person is, how capable or not a person is...these are the considerations that will affect. 

It will affect also when it is Action-centered. Being action centered is the priority or prime importance given to what is done. Though we do not give the centrality to who is doing, but to what is being done, still what is being done depends much on how is it being done. The results matter and the dividends matter. Should these matter or affect when it comes to what the Lord wants us to do, when we have been called by the Lord.

When the Lord calls, it is for Ministry. What is central here is not the you or me who is called; nor is it what I do or how I do. The central consideration is what does God want here and now. This is God-centered: there is no place for the ego of the doer or the success of the action. It is not a project to be done and reported, it is a Ministry to be lived and here it does not matter who comes and who goes...what matters is what God wants. Let us do all the good that we can!

No comments: