Monday, May 8, 2017

WORD 2day: 9th May, 2017

To be called Christians: Listen and Follow

Tuesday, 4th week in Easter
Acts 11:19-26; Jn 10: 22-30

The sheep that belong to me listen to my voice; I know them and they follow me! The believers in Antioch were called 'Christians', because they belonged to the Lord, they listened, they followed! Listening to the Lord would mean to drink in his principles, to put on his mindset as St. Paul would describe. To follow the Lord would mean, to live like him. Our actions have to be our witness, not merely our words and our titles. 

Would anyone, unknown to you, looking at you and your actions say that you should be a Christian? Not because of the cross you might possibly wear, nor with the name tag you may probably have, but with the attitudes you sport and the actions that spontaneously emanate from you. 

I am tempted to ask myself: is it right to say that a person will do good if he or she is a Christian or to say, anyone who does good to the other without expecting anything in return is truly a 'Christ-ian'?

No comments: