Monday, June 19, 2017

WORD 2day: 20th June, 2017

Generosity - growing towards Christian perfection

Tuesday, 11th week in Ordinary Time
2 Cor 8: 1-9; Mt 5: 43-48

Being Generous is an essential element of Christian perfection and this generosity has a few existential elements that make a Christian more and more God-like. 

First, generosity in forgiveness. It helps me look the faults of others as something that can be ignored, and the person as much more important than their faults.

Second, generosity in giving. It helps me not to keep the count, being unconditional in giving.

Third, generosity in sharing. It makes me ignore the fact whether I have much or not; making me ready to share even the little that I have.

Fourthly , generosity in praying. It makes me wish everything good for all, even those who do not wish the same in return.

Fifthly, generosity in loving. It makes me embrace the other without expecting anything in return. 

Looking at these dimensions, can we not say, they make us grow in our perfection and become like God?

No comments: