Saturday, September 2, 2017

SMALL OR BIG - PROGRESS IS THE KEY

WORD 2day: 2nd September, 2017

Saturday, 21st week in Ordinary Time1 Thes 4: 9-11; Mt 25: 14-30

During the phase of initial formation to priesthood, one maxim used to be often repeated: in spiritual life not to progress is to regress. I think it is true for any Christian life - complacency and lethargy are spiritual enemies that we have to fight constantly. They lead to dangers ranging from a simple spiritual stagnation to a serious self righteousness. That does not mean that we have to make giant leaps everyday in our spiritual journey. 

There can be falls, slips, slides, dumps and accidents; they do not matter so much to God as our willingness to rise and follow, our decision to remain firm with the original response, our determination to persevere to the utmost. It does not matter whether we are fast or not; it does not matter we make tremendous changes or not, what matters is that we progress. Within the capacity that we are given with, within the circumstance that I find myself in, I should be able to account to myself a progress that I make time to time. Then I am well on the right. 

Keep walking, mind your steps, whether they are small or big that is not what matters because ultimately, progress is the key! 


No comments: