Wednesday, March 2, 2022

Salvation: it is all about Choices!

THE WORD IN LENT

Thursday after Ash Wednesday - March 3, 2022

Deuteronomy 30:15-20; Luke 9: 22-25

What I am, is what God has made me to be! But what I want to be, is what I make of myself, by my daily choices. What there is a harmony between what God has made me to be and what I want to be - there is a wondrous experience of salvation, the feeling of total peace and the sense of fulfilment. This is what the Lord is offering us today!

The Word says - this salvation is all about choices. You make your choice. Life and death is right before your eyes, you make your choice. There is a choice for peace and for war, for destruction and for collaboration, for violence and dialogue, for grabbing and for giving... which one do you want to choose? Right in front of our eyes we are witnessing these days, the wrong choices and the resultant pain and evil. 

Who is a child of God and who is not? Who are the people of God and who not? Who are the people of the Reign and who cannot be? These choices are being made everyday by us, in our own lives. When we choose what is good, what is true and what is acceptable in the eyes of God, we choose salvation. When we choose what is evil, what is deceitful and what is despicable in the eyes of God, we choose our own damnation. Let us not blame anyone for it, not even God!

In my thoughts, in my words, in my priorities... I need to choose carefully where I wish to belong: to God or to the evil, to life or to death, to salvation or to damnation! It is all about my choices.

No comments: