Monday, November 6, 2023

Belonging to each other

WORD 2day : Tuesday, 31st week in Ordinary time

7 November, 2023 - Romans 12: 5-12; Luke 14: 15-24

The Church is a reality in continuous evolution, it needs to grow into the Reign of God. What do we mean by "the Church evolving"... where is the Church or who is the Church? The key is there - Church evolving is we growing up into truly what God wants us to be. And in this evolution every one of the members who make up the Church, are expected to grow and evolve.

The desired and expected growth or evolution is from the state of being children to being the children of God; from being individuals who are worried only about oneself to persons who strive for communion with others; towards being persons who readily wish to identify themselves with the Reign, that Reign that that Lord invites them to be, to become and to evolve into.

We may have oxens to tend to, land to till or the new found family to cater to... they are not wrong! But the Reign has to come before them all. My private concerns cannot overrule the concerns of the Reign. My life, my choices, my priorities have to be those of the Reign... this will happen only when I manage to grow up to set myself aside and give the needy other a prominent place in my list of concerns because within the Reign, we belong to each other (Rom 12: 5).

No comments: