Tuesday, June 4, 2013

WORD 2day

4th June 2013


No one asked Jesus, what is the opposite of love. If they had asked he would not have said, 'hatred' but 'insensitivity'. Being insensitive to the other is the end of love! Judgments arise when I don't have the patience to listen to the other. Calumnies are born when I don't know to place myself in the other's shoes. Manipulations are a result of objectifying the other person, robbing him or her of the very personhood. Even apparently harmless traits like craving to win an argument, or desperately trying to prove someone wrong are subtle, some times terribly gross, insensitivities of our daily experience. Love, explained in gentlest of terms would be, sensitivity to the other... whoever it be! The more we consider the person important the more sensitive we would be. And what a world it would be if we remain sensitive - a person to the other and nations to nations! Lord, that I may forget more of me and reach out more to those around me!

No comments: