Wednesday, March 22, 2017

LOVE-LENT 2017 - THE WORD IN LENT #19

Stubbornness of Heart kills Love

Thursday, Third week in Lent - 23rd March, 2017
Jer 7:23-28; Lk 11:14-23


Love has to do entirely with the heart - yes love is the language of the heart and if the heart is found to be stubborn, there is hardly any room for love there in. 

There are people who claim to be in love but very soon after their wedding their married life becomes a tough experience, the reason is exactly this - the stubbornness of heart. Each one is fixed or fixated on those ideas or attitudes of their own, that the heart grows more and more stubborn. This stubborness will not let love grow; it will only make selfishness grow and thwart love at its core. 

Stubbornness of heart can arise due to three reasons: 1. My ego does not allow me to change my mind; 2. I don't want to lose the little and passing benefits that my old way of life gives; and 3. I am determined to go with what is against the truth and righteousness. 

Let us beware, stubbornness of heart kills love!

No comments: